Entrepreneur Sessions tailored to founders – Concurrent Programming
Join us for a full day of immersive entrepreneur training and actionable content regardless of stage, that will be facilitated by globally sought-after startup community leader, Craig Elias. The day will host several guest speakers, who will be discussing the most relevant issues technology companies and founders are facing today.
Award-winning entrepreneur, educator, author and highly sought-after startup advisor – Craig Elias, is coming to Halifax for the reinvented AVF2019 to host the Entrepreneur Sessions! Craig has been chosen twice by LinkedIn as Canada’s #1 B2B Sales Expert (#15 globally for 2019), and is LinkedIn user 3,956 of 700 million users.
To say that Craig knows his way around the entrepreneurial ecosystem would be an understatement…
- As an entrepreneur, Craig’s first business went from initial launch to being funded by a Tier 1 US-based Venture Capitalist in less than 12 months.
- As a mentor, he has been a National Growth Advisor for Goldman Sachs’ and Babson College’s 10,000 Small Business Program in Boston, is on the advisory board for Nudge.ai in Toronto, is a mentor for the GrowthX Academy in San Francisco, and is on the advisory board for SXSW’s International pitch competition – an event held in Austin, Taxas, that had over 800 submissions this year.
In his current role, he helps post-secondary students become first-time entrepreneurs, while also running student pitch competitions, and the Innovation Rodeo – a five-day innovation and entrepreneurship event held during the Calgary Stampede.
What to Expect from the Sessions:
- “Will it Fly” | How to know if your idea has wings
- “Getting Funded” | Part 1
- Getting Funded: Angel, VC, Bank?
- Exit Strategy: Lawyer Section
- “Getting Funded” | Part 2
- Nailing Your Pitch
- Realistic Deal Structuring
- Panel: “Building Your Dream Team” | Access to talent, retention strategy and best practices for hiring (and firing…) at your tech company
- “Top 10 Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make”
- And much more!
All Delegates are Invited to Join on a Come and Go Basis.